Sunday, September 10, 2006

Latin and Technology

Salvete
. Welcome to the "Latin Techne" web log (i.e. blog). This is actually the first time I have ever posted a blog. However, in doing so, I hope to realize a number of objectives.

First and foremost, I hope to communicate with people worldwide about internet resources and technology I can use in my Latin classroom, and share some of the resources that I have researched. Second, I hope to create a regular log about my teaching experiences. By doing this, I hope to collaborate with other teachers, parents, and educators, and through this discussion, to create better teaching and learning experiences in my classroom. Third, I wish to organize, gather, and evaluate resources that could be used in my classroom. Lastly, I hope to expand these objectives as I learn more about the potentials of blogging.

So, if you are a teacher, parent, student, educator, or simply someone who is interested in the use of technology in the classroom, I invite you to comment, criticize, reply, and add to this blog. Please tell me whether you agree or disagree with what I post, how you use the resources I post, what new resources you are familiar with, or what you would do in the classroom.

4 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Maryanne said...

Hi Brian,

I hope your blog becomes a focal point for all the types of collaboration you envision.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Aileen Pawloski said...

Hey Brian!
So far your blog looks pretty good! I like all of the ideas that you have for integrating all of this technology into your classroom. It is very frustrating that there aren't as many things out there, such as with podcasts, for Latin. Hopefully, with enough support from all the Latin teachers in this area, and across the country, we can start to change that!
In posterum,
Aileen

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Vergilius non-Mantuanus said...

Salve Brenne,

Locum tuum visitavi, et omnia opera mihi optima utiliaque videntur.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger underthegunn said...

Hey, Brian,
I am an "old" teacher trying to learn new tricks. Hope I can learn some techie things to keep my students interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home